A mod for Operation Flashpoint: Dragons Rising that is set to bring you a realistic vision of what it was like to be one of the many men that fought during this harsh conflict.

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Too all those concerned.Due to a lack of Mod tools, SDK and dedicated servers FC1982 will no longer be an OF DR mod.Thank you all for your support.We currently are reviewing our options on a game platform(game) that we might base our mod on

Freelance C.G.I Artist Interested In Assisting (ACCEPTED)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hawk_Silk

Hawk_Silk

Freelance C.G.I Artist Interested In Assisting (ACCEPTED) Empty
PostSubject: Freelance C.G.I Artist Interested In Assisting (ACCEPTED)   Freelance C.G.I Artist Interested In Assisting (ACCEPTED) EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 6:16 am

Greetings ladies and gentlemen.

I am a freelance C.G.I artist so what I can do for you is:

3-Dimensional modelling.
UV mapping.
Texture work.
and if I have the time maybe some promotional artwork.

I do not have OFP:DR and my time is currently limited as I'm on a contract at the moment, but I would like to do the British Self Loading Rifle (SLR), L85 (SA80) which according to my father who served in the falklands was available just not wide spread, and the M79 Grenade Launcher.

I will admit I usually do sci-fi stuff but I would enjoy doing more 'real world' stuff, anyway on to a small selection of my noncommercial work

http://hawksilk.deviantart.com/
http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/3d-wips/67252-hls-warhammer-40k-stuff.html

The Deviant Art link will also inform you of the programs I utilise but incase you missed it:

Autodesk 3D Studio Max.
Pixologic Z Brush.
Adobe Photoshop.

Regards Hawk.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K1RK

K1RK

PostSubject: Re: Freelance C.G.I Artist Interested In Assisting (ACCEPTED)   Freelance C.G.I Artist Interested In Assisting (ACCEPTED) EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 7:01 am

Awesome work dude, we could really use a texture artist. Well, its not ultimately up to me but I bet you'll find a place here on the team with skills like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TinHead

PostSubject: Re: Freelance C.G.I Artist Interested In Assisting (ACCEPTED)   Freelance C.G.I Artist Interested In Assisting (ACCEPTED) EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 4:29 pm

Awsome, and crazy at the fact you too, live in the North East of england.

I live in Teesdale, by the looks of things you live in Durham City, right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danthom
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Freelance C.G.I Artist Interested In Assisting (ACCEPTED)   Freelance C.G.I Artist Interested In Assisting (ACCEPTED) EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 6:58 pm

Indeed as both posts above say, your portfolio is brilliant.

You can consider yourself hired, you shall be tasked with a weapon plan soon and by the looks of that gatekeeper it seems like you may be perfect for some British and Argentine vehicles.

Btw that Gatekeeper was exceptionally great Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hawk_Silk

Hawk_Silk

PostSubject: Re: Freelance C.G.I Artist Interested In Assisting (ACCEPTED)   Freelance C.G.I Artist Interested In Assisting (ACCEPTED) EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 11:51 pm

Thank you very much folks, I'm pleased you like my work.

TinHead - I don't live in Durham City no, I live in a town called Darlington but since most people I speak to don't know where it is I just list the nearest big city i.e Durham.

Danthom - Thank you, just happy I can help you out, particularly pleased you like the Gatekeeper too I'll let you in on a little secret with it aswell, totaling up the time spent on it up to the point of those renders it took 48 hours. (not counting the UV mapping and semi texturing of some parts)

One thing I did forget to mention before hand that you should know however, I am a perfectionist when it comes to my work, so if I'm not 100% happy with some of my work it doesn't get released. (always open to tips and suggestions however)

Regards Hawk.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
adi
Admin
adi

PostSubject: Re: Freelance C.G.I Artist Interested In Assisting (ACCEPTED)   Freelance C.G.I Artist Interested In Assisting (ACCEPTED) EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 4:37 pm

love your models Hawk =]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TinHead

PostSubject: Re: Freelance C.G.I Artist Interested In Assisting (ACCEPTED)   Freelance C.G.I Artist Interested In Assisting (ACCEPTED) EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 10:12 pm

Hawk_Silk wrote:
Thank you very much folks, I'm pleased you like my work.

TinHead - I don't live in Durham City no, I live in a town called Darlington but since most people I speak to don't know where it is I just list the nearest big city i.e Durham.

Regards Hawk.

Haha Darlo ehh? 25 miles from me. There every other weekend just about, I don't originally come from Middleton-in-Teesdale, was born in Stockton, moved to Russia and then back to England. I'd say Darlington was my local 'town' really, cause Barnard Castle (9 miles away) isn't really much of a town.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hawk_Silk

Hawk_Silk

PostSubject: Re: Freelance C.G.I Artist Interested In Assisting (ACCEPTED)   Freelance C.G.I Artist Interested In Assisting (ACCEPTED) EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 11:13 pm

TinHead wrote:

Haha Darlo ehh? 25 miles from me. There every other weekend just about, I don't originally come from Middleton-in-Teesdale, was born in Stockton, moved to Russia and then back to England. I'd say Darlington was my local 'town' really, cause Barnard Castle (9 miles away) isn't really much of a town.

Well then guess we shall have to meet up sometime and have a drink or something. Russia eh? whats it like over there? Always wanted to go and have a look at the Soviet relics myself, and see if I can find something to add to my collection. Yes I have a llittle collection of Soviet stuff always been been interested in the USSR's history in particular the latter stages. (70s,80s)

Regards Hawk.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TinHead

PostSubject: Re: Freelance C.G.I Artist Interested In Assisting (ACCEPTED)   Freelance C.G.I Artist Interested In Assisting (ACCEPTED) EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 2:20 am

Sounds pretty good, I'll have to find some free time sometime, got alot going on at the moment.

And well, it was okay, was only there for 3 and 3 quaters of a month, parents were just taking care of my grandparents for a while.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mwnciboo

PostSubject: Re: Freelance C.G.I Artist Interested In Assisting (ACCEPTED)   Freelance C.G.I Artist Interested In Assisting (ACCEPTED) EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 2:41 pm

HAWK-SILK those are some sweet 40K Meshes... Wish i had paid more attention to 3D Studio Max R3 tutorials at College now.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hawk_Silk

Hawk_Silk

PostSubject: Re: Freelance C.G.I Artist Interested In Assisting (ACCEPTED)   Freelance C.G.I Artist Interested In Assisting (ACCEPTED) EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 10:33 am

mwnciboo wrote:
HAWK-SILK those are some sweet 40K Meshes...

Thank you very much mate I take it you are a 40k fan or have some experience with it?

I had a look at your link provided in your application aswell and while I personally didn't like your "Scimitar 2" picture I do like your "Scimitar" picture, I just felt the noise was a little to much in the second one.

You don't happen to have a larger one of the "Scimitar" picture do you?

mwnciboo wrote:
Wish i had paid more attention to 3D Studio Max R3 tutorials at College now.... Very Happy

I do tutor you know.

Regards Hawk.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danthom
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Freelance C.G.I Artist Interested In Assisting (ACCEPTED)   Freelance C.G.I Artist Interested In Assisting (ACCEPTED) EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 10:42 pm

Hawk_Silk wrote:

I do tutor you know.

Regards Hawk.

Hmm, I may have to take you up on that :p
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Freelance C.G.I Artist Interested In Assisting (ACCEPTED)   Freelance C.G.I Artist Interested In Assisting (ACCEPTED) Empty

Back to top Go down

Freelance C.G.I Artist Interested In Assisting (ACCEPTED)
Page 1 of 1