A mod for Operation Flashpoint: Dragons Rising that is set to bring you a realistic vision of what it was like to be one of the many men that fought during this harsh conflict.

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Too all those concerned.Due to a lack of Mod tools, SDK and dedicated servers FC1982 will no longer be an OF DR mod.Thank you all for your support.We currently are reviewing our options on a game platform(game) that we might base our mod on

Introduction :-)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jarmen_Kell

Introduction :-) Empty
PostSubject: Introduction :-)   Introduction :-) EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 7:49 am

Just want to say hi. Well new to the OFDR scene :-) I stumbled across the link to Falklands Conflict on the CM forums. Must say sounds very interesting. Need a change in the usual combat sim. As i am getting sick to death with America Vs China/Russia/Middle Eastern Forces. Not in a bad way, just need a change. Obviously being British it would be nice to play and see the British regiments, Paras, RMCs, Guards Regiments, Gurkhas etc etc

Anyhoo, Happy and Glorious Modding SJK
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hawk_Silk

Hawk_Silk

PostSubject: Re: Introduction :-)   Introduction :-) EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 3:34 pm

I completely agree with you on the matter of US vs whoever matter it's the same way I feel about war films, nothing against the USA personally but you do need other perspectives otherwise things quickly become stale. Unfortunately the majority of the game and movie industry seems to disregard that.

Regarding "British it would be nice to play and see the British regiments, Paras, RMCs, Guards Regiments, Gurkhas etc etc" I don't think you are going to see to many of those here as most were not in the Flakland Conflict I believe, Royal Marine Commandos (RMC) are a given of course.

Welcome to the forums.

Regards Hawk.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danthom
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Introduction :-)   Introduction :-) EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 6:26 pm

The RMC and the Paratroopers are a given, as the Paras fought Goose Green and alongside the RMC for most of the War, some sources say the Paras did more.

I believe the Welsh Guards fought in the conflict and were subject to the Sinking of the RFA Sir Gallahad.
The gurkhas were in the war however the Argentines didnt manage to engage fully as they had to retreat to Port Stanley.

And as always, the SAS and SBS will be heavily in the Mod.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduction :-)   Introduction :-) Empty

Back to top Go down

Introduction :-)
Page 1 of 1