A mod for Operation Flashpoint: Dragons Rising that is set to bring you a realistic vision of what it was like to be one of the many men that fought during this harsh conflict.

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Too all those concerned.Due to a lack of Mod tools, SDK and dedicated servers FC1982 will no longer be an OF DR mod.Thank you all for your support.We currently are reviewing our options on a game platform(game) that we might base our mod on

Hello guys

Go down 
AuthorMessage
dark hunter

Hello guys Empty
PostSubject: Hello guys   Hello guys EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 5:10 pm

I was a member of the Royal Artillery from 1979 - 1986, attached to the Royal Marine commando's

if you need some information about the conflict in the Falklands just let me know.

P.S. Although the SAS did have access to the Armalight Rifle it was not their main weapon of choice, to lightweight and under powered
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danthom
Admin

Hello guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello guys   Hello guys EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 5:42 pm

Its always excellent to get some Advisors aboard. Welcome to the forums.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dark hunter

Hello guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello guys   Hello guys EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 7:50 pm

Well i am always glad to help, I am interested in modding myself a little bit, I help with the modding of my clans CoD servers. And I have been playing FPS games since the dawn of history Smile well the dawn of FPS with the original Wolfenstien

But guys I really think you are going to have problems making this mod, not trying to discourage you, Code Masters have stated today that they are not making any S.A.D.S, nor releasing and dedicated server files of any kind, it also seems highly unlikely they will release a SDK which is going to make it virtually impossible to do, unless of course you can completely reverse engineer their EGO engine

Perhaps moving to a different 3D engine might help, such as the Arma2 engine. It may well be more suitable, especially as it already has the code for jet aircraft and Harrier Jump jets, artillery etc. Not sure if you can mod the map on Arma though, but either way it will be simpler than working with OPF:DR
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danthom
Admin

Hello guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello guys   Hello guys EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 9:52 pm

Please direct me to th link where CM states no dedicated server files for DR.

We have been worrying about this all this week in regards to modding, and we think that whatever CSP do, Falklands will most likely follow the same route or switch to ArmA 2.

Whatever happens, we will try our best to get FC1992 to the public.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dark hunter

Hello guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello guys   Hello guys EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 9:58 pm

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=388956&page=2

Waftybuzz is Sion Lenton lead designer for OFP:DR he states

Dedicated servers you say?

I can assure you we have not been ignoring you, we have been dealing with issues on a priority basis and obviously the connection issues amongst other things have been top priority over the last 120 hours.

I hear the calls but cannot promise anything at this stage, its not under development right now. More news if that changes

Sion
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danthom
Admin

Hello guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello guys   Hello guys EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 10:02 pm

Yeah Ive been reading that thread for these past few minutes, I saw that post also.

Well, hopefully this doesnt mean no Dedicated Servers, but just none for the present time, as obviously it would be a major blow to the PC market.

We will keep close attention to the Forums and will be sure to update whenever News comes through.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hawk_Silk

Hawk_Silk

Hello guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello guys   Hello guys EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 12:54 am

Hello Dark Hunter, welcome on board I look forward to working with you, in todays world I'd be surprised if Wolfenstien would get the "green light" Very Happy

Danthom - I haven't taken any notice of Code Masters, but from the hype/news I've heard elsewhere, I have to agree that if OFP:DR proves to be a pain a switch to ARMA II would be a good idea. I have no preferance in the matter both games seem to have their pros and cons, I'm just going off what I have heard and seen.

Regards Hawk.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TinHead

Hello guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello guys   Hello guys EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 10:52 pm

Discussion on a proposed move to ArmA2 to be continued by FC1982 on private boards.

General public - You may have a say in this if you wish, post your ideas in the suggestions forum,

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

Hello guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello guys   Hello guys Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello guys
Page 1 of 1